The most basic traffic rules written in Malayalam hang from a traffic signal post at Kalady junction on the MC Road in Kerala. (Traffic signals are called just “traffic” in Kerala. So what is traffic actually called? A “block”. Yeah we are complicated.
The rules written are as follows:
- Don’t drink and drive.
- Always wear seatbelts.
- Do not overtake from the left.
- Do not use mobiles while driving.
- Two-wheelers keep to the left side of the road.
- Obey traffic rules.
- Prevent accidents and accident deaths.
– Superintendent of Police, Ernakulam Rural.